Henrico Education Foundation
The Greater Richmond Chamber is calling out for business volunteers in our local schools
Starting this month, the Greater Richmond Chamber is providing easy access for mentoring and volunteering in our local public schools. Whether you have one hour every six months or one hour every week, you will find opportunities to give back to our community in a powerful way.
The Henrico Education Foundation Inc. has established itself as the vehicle for individuals and businesses to support public education in Henrico County, Virginia. By providing an opportunity for community participation in the school system, positive and enriching relationships continue to develop between the corporate sector and Henrico schools. Henrico County Public Schools is a nationally recognized system providing quality learning experiences for its students. The Foundation strives to link educators and students with financial resources in order to bring the school division to an even higher level of excellence.
In the pursuit of our mission, the Henrico Education Foundation commits to supporting the creation and development of programs that impact four areas:
- Supporting the needs of teachers and students
- Recognizing the accomplishments of students, teachers, and staff
- Providing a K-12 grants program to support innovative initiatives that extend curricula and extended student learning opportunities
- Developing business and community partnerships in support of schools
Key programs supported by the Foundation are:
- ABCD Awards for support employees
- Teacher of the Year Awards -21st Century Awards
- Employee and student scholarships
- A comprehensive grants program for teacher and administrators
- Go for the Goal middle school leadership program
For additional information about the foundation, visit the website at: http://henricofoundation.org/