An "educational partnership" is an ongoing mutually beneficial, cooperative relationship in which partners share values, objectives, and/or human or financial resources to enhance learning experiences for students.
The Department of Communications and Public Relations oversees the school-community partnership program for HCPS, which is based on school division policy and regulations. Principals have the authority to pursue and decide which partnerships best suit the needs of their schools.
Successful community partnerships in HCPS are driven by a collaborative relationship between two parties who work to achieve common goals. A community partnership has the following components:
- Involves a community organization (business, faith-based group, community group).
- Is or has potential to grow into an ongoing relationship with an organization.
- Strengthens the overall academic program of the school.
- Includes specific responsibilities for each party reflected in the Community Partnership Agreement.
- A Community Partnership Agreement on file with the Department of Communications and Public Relations at the central office.
Questions regarding these procedures should be directed to the Department of Communications and Public Relations.