Mission and Vision Statement
HCPS will provide a comprehensive, progressive and articulated health and physical education program through quality, research-based K-12 instruction. Our students will attain the knowledge and skills to be active and healthy for life in the 21st century.
- Wellness (Health and Fitness) and Learning are interdependent
- Highly qualified instructors will deliver an aligned curriculum of best practices to all students
- The learning environment is safe and accessible to all students
- Fitness and academic data will be utilized to assess and evaluate the program
- HPE teachers require content-specific staff development and opportunities for collaboration
- HPE teachers will be role models of fitness and lifelong learners
- In the value of fitness practices to increase lifetime activity and reduce sedentary behaviors
- Parents and community partners are vital components for the success of the program
HCPS is dedicated to the mission and vision of quality health and physical education for all students to be healthy and successful in the 21st century.
Benita Turner, Educational Specialist