Recognizing that employees are the district’s most important resource, the Department of Staff Development facilitates the achievement of the district’s mission through ongoing organizational, site-based, and individual professional development services. The Department of Staff Development is dedicated to quality service provided in a timely, professional manner and will do everything they can to help the faculty and staff meet their individual, departmental, and school goals.
Staff Development website - http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us
All Staff Development Initiatives are built on the following beliefs:
- Everyone in the organization must be a learner.
- Continuous improvement is an organizational norm.
- Professional development should embrace a “systems thinking” approach.
- Professional development is a shared responsibility.
- Professional development services include division-wide, building-level, and individual support.
- Strong interrelationships are critical to effective professional development.
- Strong interrelationships are critical to effective professional development
- Professional development is not an event, but a process
- All training should consist of theory, modeling, and application
- Professional development should reflect best practices in adult learning
- Professional development should be data-driven and results-oriented
- Professional Development should be based on content appropriate to the needs of the learner as it relates to student achievement
The Department of Staff Development provides the following services:
- Training and Professional Development for Teachers http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/teacher.html
- Training for Support Staff http://blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/officepros/
- New Teacher Academy http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/newteach.htm
- Mentoring Program for New Teachers http://blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/mentorprogram
- Support to School Staff Development Planners http://blogs.henrico.k12.va.us/staffdevelopmentplanners
- Support for Relicensure http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/relicense.htm
- Tuition Reimbursement http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/tuition.htm
- Training for Leadership http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/admin.html
- Support for National Board Certification http://teachers.henrico.k12.va.us/staffdev/tyler_e/HCPSNBC/index.htm
- Next Generation Leadership Academy http://leadershipk12.richmond.edu/admin/ngla/
- Support for Professional Growth and Evaluation Plan http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/pgp2/index.html
- Support for Continuous School Improvement Plan http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/csipforms.html
- Cohort Programs http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/cohorts.html
- Professional Development through Summer Institutes http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/si/index.html
- Online Registration for Professional Development through ERO- electronic registration online http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/ero.html
- Support for District-wide Awards and Recognition Programs: http://staffdev.henrico.k12.va.us/awards.htm
- Gilman Teacher of the Year
- Henrico Instructional Leader of the Year
- R.E.B Awards for Teaching Excellence
- Christie Awards
Barbara Brown, Educational Specialist
Joanne Gouldthorpe, Secretary
James Coleman, Secretary
Carolyn Hunter, Secretary