Research & Planning
Research and Planning is the primary department for providing data and information for planning and decision-making. The focus of work is ensuring systems and processes are in place to collect high quality, valid and reliable data. Department staff are dedicated to supporting the analysis of these data to provide information to school community stakeholders.
- Manages the administration of the state and county assessment programs including the SOL, achievement and ability, PSAT, diagnostic reading and math, and Henrico Assessment tests.
- Manages school safety audit processes.
- Monitors residential growth and analyzes its impact on school membership for capital planning.
- Develops redistricting proposals and maintains school boundary information.
- Conducts program evaluations and supports the division’s short and long range program planning processes.
- Monitors accreditation and provides data and analysis services for information and to support quality and school improvement.
Facts, Figures & Test Scores
Last Update: May 9, 2013